IISER Eligibility 2018 | IISER Aptitude Test Eligibility 2018As we know that the IISER is an government type institute and has 7 subsequent IISER's. If you want take admission into IISER then you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria of IISER's admission 2018. There are 3 gateway to admission into IISER i.e.
1. KVPY means Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana;
2. IIT JEE means Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology;
3. SCB means State and Central Boards Channel.
So if you want apply for the IISER's admission 2018 then you have to opt these gateways and for all channels you have to fulfill IISER Eligibility 2018 i.e.
• Students passing (10+2) examination in the current year (2018) and the previous year (2017) are only eligible for taking IISER admission.
• Indian nationals, and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
- IISER KVPY Gateway
Candidates who have valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2018-19 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
- IISER IIT-JEE Gateway
Candidates securing at least 60% marks in class XII and securing a place in JEE Advanced 2018 rank list for admissions to IIT’s. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
- SCB gateway
Students with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in class XII board examination in their respective boards as given in the table below are eligible to apply. For the candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories, there is a 5% relaxation.
The cut-off percentage for the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates is 55% in class XII for all boards.
Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
To calculate your percentage of marks obtained use your board’s method
|State Board||Cutoff percentage|
|Jammu & Kashmir||81.9|