RGPV FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING Syllabus CBCS Scheme | RGPV CBCS Scheme FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING Syllabus | RGPV FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING Syllabus for CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM Scheme | RGPV Electronics I New Syllabus for 1st year 1 Sem and 2nd Sem
University : RAJIV GANDHI PROUDYOGIKI VISHWAVIDYALAYA BHOPAL
Course : BE
Subject : EC110 FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Mode : EC110 FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING 3-0-2
FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING COURSE CONTENT:
- SIGNALS: Introduction, Representation of Discrete-time Signals: Graphical Representation, Functional Representation, Tabular Representation, Sequence Representation. Elementary Signals: Unit Step Function, Unit Ramp Function, Unit Parabolic Function, Unit Impulse Function, Sinusoidal Signal, Real Exponential Signal, Complex Exponential Signal, Rectangular Pulse Function, Triangular Pulse Function, Signum Function, Sinc Function, Gaussian Function. Basic Operations on Signals: Time Shifting, Time Reversal, Amplitude Scaling, Time Scaling, Signal Addition, Signal Multiplication.
- Classification of Signals: Deterministic and Random Signals, Periodic and Non-periodic Signals, Energy and Power Signals, Causal and Non-causal Signals, Even and Odd Signals.
- DIODE AND ITS CIRCUITS: Introduction to Semiconductor theory: Classification of materials- Insulators, conductors and semiconductors and their Energy Bands, Types of semiconductors- Intrinsic, Extrinsic. PN Junction Diode: Biasing and operation of PN Diode, V-I characteristics, Limiting Values of PN Diode, Breakdown in PN Diode, Applications of PN Diode.
- Zener Diode: V-I Characteristics, Applications of Zener Diode.
- Rectifier Circuits: PN Diode as a Rectifier, Half Wave Rectifier, Full Wave Rectifier, Full Wave Bridge Rectifier, Clipping Circuits, Clamper Circuits.
- NUMBER SYSTEMS: Introduction, Binary Number System, Octal Number System, Decimal Number System, Hexadecimal System, Conversions: Binary to Decimal conversion and vice-versa, Octal to Decimal Conversion and vice versa, Hexadecimal to Decimal Conversion and vice-versa, Binary to Hexadecimal Conversion and vice-versa, Octal to Decimal and vice-versa, Octal to Hexadecimal and vice versa.
- Complements: One’s Complement, Two’s Complement, Nine’s Complement, Ten’s Complement. Binary Arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division), Octal Arithmetic, Hexadecimal Arithmetic, Signed Numbers, Floating Numbers, Codes.
- BOOLEAN ALGEBRA AND LOGIC GATES: Introduction, Definitions, Principle of Duality, Basic Theorems, Applications of Boolean Algebra, Boolean Functions, Complement of Boolean Function. Logic Gates (Symbol, Truth Table, Logic Diagram): And, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, XOR, XNOR. Universal
- Gates: NAND Gate and NOR Gate implementation, Realization of other Logic Operations using NAND/NOR. Buffer, Negative and Positive Logic, Mixed Logic.
- COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS: Introduction to Communication Systems, Elements of Communication Systems: Transmitter, Channel, Receiver, Noise. IEEE Frequency Spectrum Used in Communication
- Systems: Frequency Bands, Units of Measurement and Abbreviations, Bandwidth and other Parameters, Spectrum Assignment and Regulation. Need of Modulation, Amplitude Modulation, Frequency Modulation, Communication Media and its Classification: Guided and Unguided Propagation.
Evaluation will be continuous an integral part of the class followed by final examination.
FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS REFERENCE Books
Hwei P. Hsu, Schaum’s Outline of Signals and Systems, McGraw-Hill.
A.V. Oppenheim, A.S. Willsky, S Hamid Nawab, Signals and Systems, PHI.
A Anand Kumar, Signals and Systems, PHI.
Basics of Electronics Engineering, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd
Source:- RGPV Sylla